2022-2023 School Year
(Full packet is attached on the right top corner)
We are weeks away from our 2022-2023 school year! The first day of school for 9th graders and new students is Tuesday, September 6th. A Vik Crew member will be in contact with you regarding the plan for this day. The first day of school for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors is Wednesday, September 7th.
Before the beginning of every school year, we request that parents/guardians begin to review and update their family and student’s information. All current students both at CALC and FGHS must verify this information each year. Keeping your family's information up to date is crucial to receiving timely communication and ensures that we can reach you in case of an emergency. We will have the online verification option available again this year. Verification opens August 1st and can be completed on ParentVUE. Please call the counseling office if you need your password reset or if you do not have a ParentVUE account. The Online Registration Instructions can be found on our website. If you are not returning to FGHS, complete the following Students Not Returning (link is available on our website).
School picture day will be hosted during our registration event August 15th-17th. Each family will have the option to purchase photos. All students will receive their student body card at no charge. These pictures will also be included in the yearbook. Please dress appropriately. Remember that you will not be allowed to wear your hat for these pictures. A fee of $2 will be charged for replacement student body cards.
Monday August 15 9:00 – 11:00 AM All Grades, Last name A-L
Monday August 15 1:30 – 3:30 PM All Grades, Last name M-Z
Tuesday August 16 9:00 – 11:00 AM All Grades, Last name M-Z
Tuesday August 16 1:30 – 3:30 PM All Grades, Last name A-L
Wednesday August 17 5:00 – 8:00 PM Make-up – all students
Please note that schedules WILL NOT be available at registration. Schedules will be available the first day of school. Counselors will NOT be available to see students at registration. All schedule concerns can be addressed after the first day of school.
Important Registration Day Information:
- All students attending FGHS and CALC must attend registration - the FGHS Registration Checklist in this packet will help you track what to complete and bring to our event.
- School photos can be ordered on mylifetouch.com with Student ID or Picture Day ID: EVT4MTKCJ
- To keep our school safe, FGHS lanyards will be provided to all students as a requirement to wear their picture identification while on campus. Students ID cards will be scanned in the halls and at activities. Student ID cards will also be required to check in upon arrival in the office, purchase a lunch from the cafeteria and to attend dances and games.
- The following fees are optional. Online payment is preferred and can be done any time at FGHS Online Payments/Fees. You must login with your student’s existing account (created by FGHS). Username: student ID number and Password: first initial and last name. For login issues, email [email protected]
Parking Permit* $5.00
Reserved Parking Permit – Seniors only* $25.00 limited availability
*Must complete parking registration: 2022-23 Parking Registration & any outstanding fees must be paid to obtain a parking permit. A copy of the student’s license & auto insurance are required.
Activity Fee $30.00
Activity Pass allows students free admission to Pacific Conference home and away athletic events (excludes playoffs) and provides a discount for school dance admission.
Regular Fee $125.00 per sport
Free/Reduced Lunch $40.00 per sport
Accident Insurance: several options are available – brochures are in the Athletic Office
Class Fees for Culinary, Woods, Metals, Floral Design, and Art can be paid after the first day of school.
- Our school does not have a defined supply list for our students. Students will be told what supplies they need for their individual classes on the first day of school. This supply will vary individually by students’ schedule. For a basic supplies list please visit our website.
Freshmen are recommended to have one 3" three-ring notebook and are strongly encouraged to bring a TI30 calculator for Conceptual Physics class.
9th Graders: Students may have earned high school credit from a math and/or world language class in middle school. To have this credit accurately reflected on the student's High School Transcript, the student/parent must fill out an application that must be approved by an administrator. The student must have earned a "C" or better in the class for the credit to be approved. Once approved, the course grade and credit will be placed on the student's transcript permanently. It will also count toward high school graduation requirements and will affect the student's grade point average. We strongly encourage students to wait until their 11th grade year to fill out an application. However, applications can be obtained at any time from the Counseling Office.
We hope these changes are helpful and time saving to streamline the registration processes. Please call the high school main office with any questions at 503-359-2432. This packet will be emailed and posted on our website as a resource with live links.
Future dates to keep in mind:
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - 9th grade and New Students will start on September 6th at 8:15. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors will start on September 7th. This is NOT a late start Wednesday and school will begin at 8:15.
FAMILY NIGHT- Family night will be held on Wednesday, September 28th from 5:00-8:00. This is an opportunity to become familiar with your child’s course offerings, syllabus and high school procedures. Join us for refreshments and information on FGHS courses, clubs, co-curricular activities and parent involvement opportunities.
PICTURES – School photos take place during registration and on September 9th for any new students. Retakes will be on October 20th. Photo packet enclosed in the registration packet.
CONFERENCES – Evening Conferences will be on November 2nd and 3rd
- Digital Ticketing for Viking Athletics
- For bus route questions visit Bus Routes - Username: guest pw: guest or contact MIDCO at 503-992-7167
For the most up to date information visit our website: https://fghs.fgsdk12.org/ or follow our social media page on Facebook and Instagram
TECHNOLOGY HELP FOR STUDENTS:
(503)359-2529 - call this number and leave a message, district tech will return call/fix issue
[email protected] - students can use this email to receive tech help and support
FGSD families can contact the following phone number or email address for technical support involving the district device or student account:
- Technical Support Phone Number: 503-359-2529
- Technical Support Email Address: [email protected]
- Student Helpful Links: https://sites.google.com/fgsd.k12.or.us/fgsd-links/student
Office & Building Access
Offices (Main,Athletic,Counseling) are open Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00pm
Staff is available by phone - questions? Call the specific office
Main Office: 503-359-2432
Athletic Office: 503-359-2437
Counseling Office: 503-359-2435
If you need to come to the building:
*Call ahead *Limit the number of ppl *Maintain social distance