What if…you brought your world to theirs?
Be a Junior Achievement Classroom Volunteer at
Forest Grove High School!
For 100 years, Junior Achievement (JA) has been partnering with business and community volunteers to teach kids how business works. Thanks to thousands of volunteers in Oregon and SW Washington, more than 44,000 students will benefit from JA programs this school year. This includes every senior at Forest Grove High School. They will receive two JA programs this school year and we are looking for volunteers to help deliver those programs. JA brings students practical information and engaging activities to help clarify their understanding of business and develop skill sets that add value to career choices. Getting involved in JA is easy, fun and it’s a great way to give back to your community.
Why teach a JA program?
- To make a positive impact on young people in your community.
- To help students prepare for their future and get them ready for the working world.
- To sharpen your communication, presentation, and time management skills.
How do you get started?
- Attend a 60-minute training session which will be held at the High School in mid to late September.
What do you need?
- JA provides you with a program kit that includes all the materials needed for the students to engage in the interactive activities.
- The kit includes a step by step guide to walk you through the directions for the activities, the objectives, and the skills and concepts the children will learn while you’re there. Each of the lessons is completely scripted and outlined for the volunteer.
- Anything else you would like to give away or share with the children.
- Starting in October the seniors at Forest Grove High School will be receiving the Junior Achievement Personal Finance curriculum in their advisory class periods from 9:38 - 10:30am. The volunteer would visit the classroom on 5 different days to teach 5 lessons.
For more information contact Jennifer Arritola, Director of In-Class Programs,
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-255-4945.